A Hailsham man has appeared in court charged with a series of theft and fraud offences.
Nicholas Leon, 33, unemployed, of The Diplocks, Hailsham, appeared in custody at Brighton Magistrates Court on Wednesday (17 January) and pleaded guilty to eight offences;
– Burglary at a paint firm in Hailsham on 26 December:
– Fraud by false representation on 4 January by attempted use of a bank card reported stolen from a car, and since recovered:
– Theft of a bank card from a car in Polegate on 12 January and fraud by false representation by attempts to use it at various locations:, and since recovered:
– Handling stolen goods; a camera stolen from a parked car in Sunningdale Close, Hailsham, between 8 and 9 January, and found in his address when he was arrested on 15 January:
– Theft from car in Polegate on 22 October, of a Satnav and an Ipod, both recovered:
– Possession of cannabis at his address on 15 January:
– Handling a purse stolen from a car in Station Road, Polegate on 4 January, containing a credit card, again recovered:
– Theft shoplifting of a sandwich from Co-op in Polegate on 4 January:
He pleaded not guilty to an offence of grievous bodily harm by punching a man in Madeira Drive, Brighton on 1 December, and was further remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court on 14 February on that charge.